[3830] CQWW SSB VE6FI M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, coolican@telus.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE6FI M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:34:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6FI
Operator(s): VE6FI VE6AQ VE6KD
Station: VE6FI

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Sturgeon County
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:
   80:   17     5        7
   40:  433    22       38
   20:  296    28       76
   15:  815    26       68
   10:  741    20       31
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Operators were: Denis ve6aq, Evan ve6fi, Dave ve6kd
The bands where so good that we could not keep up working everyone that
was available. It was nice to see 10 meters and 15 meters wide open.  On
40 it was OK to North and South America but not necessarily to Europe.
It also seemed a bit difficult to run on 20 meters.  I am sure it is not
because of lack of antennas.  That top antenna that we put up at the top
works real good. Hans ve6ami and Heinz ve6ldx again thanks.

We had some councillors from the County drop by for a demonstration.
Well just think about operating with the QRM on the band and six people
looking over your shoulder and asking questions. One can hardly press
the earphones hard enough against your head to eliminate the local
chatter.   Well at the time we were running Europe on 15m and the calls
where just rolling in.  It never happens that way when no one is around!!

We are working completely OFF GRID so we have to be careful on our power
consumption. Well the linear amplifiers are a bit hungry for power and
our batteries are now eight years old so when the sun stop shinning we
have to supplement with a gas generator to keep the batteries charged.
That is not automatic but it runs pretty smooth.

The CQWW SSB 2015 was a good contest

Denis