[3830] CQWW SSB N3RR SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rr@erols.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N3RR SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:28:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3RR
Operator(s): N3RR
Station: N3RR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: USA MD
Operating Time (hrs): 31
Radios: SO2R

  160:   29     7       14
   80:  125    17       61
   40:  169    25       77
   20:  387    35      112
   15:  477    33      114
   10:  501    28      107
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First, an overview.

All of my beam antennas are tuned for the CW portion of their bands. So, they
do not tune up very well in SSB portion.  The higher up the band I go, the
worse it gets.
Plus, with two beams (lower 40 & upper 20) that would not rotate due to
ring rotor issues, I decided I needed to do something different in this
contest, especially if conditions were good and the bands were crowded, thus
increasing the constant SSB splatter that is so enjoyable.

So, I decided to operate SO2R "click & pounce" style.

I made:
    88 Qs classic running, in three separate tries (62 minutes total) at trying
to find a clear run freq.
      6 Qs S&P, classic "actual" tuning a radio dial, in the last
hour of the contest on 40m
1594 Qs clicking the N1MM-Classic band maps and available mult window.
I made 0 Qs in classic SO2R-style: running on one radio and working stations on
another band on the other radio.
I didn't even try doing that.  SSB splatter is not something I enjoy listening
to.

By the way - I had great fun!
The only zone I missed was zone 34.
My best 60-minute rate was 144Qs/60-minutes by clicking the spots on each
bandmap SO2R-style, breaking the pileup (if any) & working the CQing
station.
That's how I operated 30 of my 31 operating hours.

73,
Bill N3RR