[3830] CQWW SSB VP5DX(@VP5KE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NU4Y@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VP5DX(@VP5KE) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:27:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP5DX
Operator(s): N4KE AB4UF N4EPD NU4Y
Station: VP5KE

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   29     6       11
   80:  136    17       60
   40: 1248    27       99
   20: 1921    37      128
   15: 1853    34      125
   10: 1861    29      114
------------------------------

Club: NORTH FLORIDA DX ASSN

Comments:

Arrived at the station to find we had taken a direct lightning hit.
Even as everything was disconnected, there were arc marks and blackened parts
on things all over the place.
Bottom line, SteppIR had 3 open stepper motors and controller and power supply
bad.  In the garbage.
Icom 756 Pro, no receive and no IF 232 output.
TS-950 completely dead, problem is on the micro pcb.
2 - Window 7 desktops mother boards bad, 1 Desktop power supply dead.
Coax on Main tower blown open in a few places.  (Was not connected at station
end)
2 routers bad.
Ended up using another TS-950 and a TS-930. No computer control. Got 1 XP
desktop running and another laptop we had brought along. External monitor quit
after the 1st 2 hours of the contest.
Well the amps worked and we put some antennas together and finally got on the
air.  A lot to fix for next year.  We also might have time to put up more
antennas and beverages next year and improve the score.
What fun we had working as best as possible with limited equipment.