[3830] CQWW SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7RR(@VE7SZ) SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 01:30:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2935    37      140
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First and foremost, many thanks to Allan, VE7SZ, for hosting me for the weekend.
 I am very grateful to have been able to operate at Allan's station for more
than 25 years now - the hospitality is always first rate, and the station
always performs magnificently.

Reading the rules the night before the contest alerted me to this new
requirement to record the contest if you are single op unassisted and want to
compete for top continental honors.  We were not able to get anything together
to make this happen, so I opted to join in the assisted category.  This was a
first for me - I have never before done a single op with assistance, and I must
admit that I made some mistakes that cost me some points.

I was planning to do 20 meters right up to about 10 minutes before start time.
However I took a spin across 15 and the JAs were really loud, so I changed my
mind.  In hindsight I think it was the right decision, as overall conditions to
both JA and EU were pretty good (and better than expected), although the
openings were shorter than I would have liked.

Thanks to all for the QSOs - see you the CW weekend!

73,
Gary