[3830] SS CW NX4N Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW NX4N Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 03:41:49 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NX4N
Operator(s): NX4N
Station: NX4N

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  647
   20:  609
   15:   40
   10:    0
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Hello Friends,
By far my best Single Op CW SS effort ever! Full 24 hour Butt In Chair time and
 my strategy plans seemed to work well for me.  Only down side was missing NT -
always a crap shoot.
Once again the fine folks at the Tampa ARC allowed me to use their FB
station/antenna farm.
I tailored my operating strategy to the station strengths - big sigs on 40m and
20m just dominate as you can see by the numbers, but 15m antennas have a variety
of issues.  No biggie - adapting is part of the fun.

I enjoy the strategy and planning/station building as much as the operating.
Case in point - I took a day off work Friday to build a complete SO2R station
from scratch; by day's end I had it running well.
Here's the low-down:
a) Run Station: My K3 with ancient 2-tube Alpha 76A (35 years with original
tubes still running strong)

b) S&P Station: TARC's IC-7600 with my KPA500

c)SO2R with DXD and PIEXX Interface - simple and works well; I'm definitely
getting better at SO2R but still more practice is needed.

d) Antenna Farm:
TOWER #1-
* Force12 40m 2el @ 120'
* Force 12 C31XR @ 110' but only works on 20m
* 80m dipole @ 90'

TOWER #2-
* Force 12 C19XR @ 70'

TOWER #3
* Force 12 XR5 @ 50' (sounded better on 15m than the C19)
the C19 and XR5 are close and do suffer a bit from interaction

Still have some upside if the 15m antennas get straightened out - but I'm
really in it for the fun.  Always nice to hear all the familiar calls - just
like a big family reunion, weird uncles and all ;->

I'd like to offer HUGE thanks to all of those casual operators who got on the
air for a few qsos - your participation is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!  Many thanks
again, we hope you catch the SS bug too!
All for now- going to bed for much needed sleep.

I hope you enjoyed SSCW 2015 as much as I did.

vy 73,
Chris, NX4N :-)