[3830] SS CW K9YC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K9YC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 04:26:57 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  147
   40:  174
   20:  400
   15:  144
   10:
------------

Club: Ridge Runners Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first attempt at low power unassisted. I managed to stay in the
chair for 21 hours (we old farts need our sleep), and most of the time in the
chair managed to stay awake. The NT multiplier was the holdout, and a huge
helping of luck dropped it right in my lap. Around lunchtime, I finished a S%P
pass on 20 while CQing on 15, ending up just below the PSK31 frequencies, where
I encountered a handful guys bogarting 14069, saying that "VY1AAA would be
back soon." I already had a Yagi aimed in that direction; now I hung out
on frequency while continuing to CQ on 15. 10-15 minutes later I heard him, not
very loud, and called a couple of times. I was the first to work him after he
returned -- we needed a few fills, but I would never have made through a pileup
with A power!

Thanks for all the Qs.