[3830] SS CW K4BAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4BAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 13:20:36 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:08

------------
  160:    0
   80:   62
   40:  187
   20:  409
   15:   91
   10:    0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  Got home from a
judicial meeting out of town about 9:30 AM Sunday.  With time out for two
meals, operated the rest of the SS, hoping to be "fresh meat" and it
worked well with very few slow periods, probably the result of RBN and a lot of
"M" and "U" stations using spots.  Had thought a clean sweep
would be difficult.  By the time I stopped for supper with my XYL at 0019Z, I
had all but NT and NL.  I had heard a very loud VO1BQ searching and pouncing on
15M, but he didn't pounce on me and I had heard a loud VE8EV on 20M doing the
same thing (with a lot of Arctic flutter).  Came back to the rig on 20 one more
time hoping to find NT and NL and the first thing I heard was Hal, W1NN,
operating VY1AAA on the very low end of 20M and very weak.  He was getting no
answers to CQs and I was afraid he would QSY before my logging program came up
so I would know the number to give him, but he kept at it and I got NT, leaving
only NL for the sweep.  20M was going out and I had worked most of the stations
on the band, so at 0100Z, I gave up on the sweep and went to 80M, skipping 40,
which had been slow before supper and going to a band I had not worked before.
Called a CQ on 3522 and nearly fell out of my seat when VO1BQ called me for the
Sweep!

No signals heard on 10M on Sunday, but 15M was good with short and long skip
and backscatter, 20M was quite good with a short skip zone and a lot of
activity, 40M was quite good in the late morning and again in the late evening.
 80M was quiet and signals were good except from the west coast.  Had a few
callers that I couldn't get through the noise on 80M.  Apologies to W4MY as I
was unable to get the fills I needed from Bert to complete the QSO (on 20M).
Thanks to all for the QSOs and hope to work you again on phone in two weeks,
although there are other distractions that weekend.  Look for me, KU8E, W8FN,
and PJ4LS as PJ4A M/S in CQ WW CW later this month.  73, John, K4BAI.