[3830] SS CW WA8HSB Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.aeiker@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WA8HSB Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 23:42:55 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WA8HSB
Operator(s): WA8HSB
Station: WA8HSB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   32
   20:   59
   15:   52
   10:    1
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Sometimes Murphy just hits you up beside the head and reminds you that he is
still around to irritate and frustrate!  Fifteen Qs into the contest, my
TS-850S decided to start varying output power from 5 watts to zero within the
exchange resulting in repeat requests for various exchange parts. (I have the
replacement board in my spare parts bin; guess I need to actually replace it!)

Switched to the K1 which is not set up for computer keying so remainder of
contest was hand keyed. Then the key started sticking intermittently. Add
operator error with antenna switching and I was ready to throw in the towel
Saturday afternoon. Oh, and not to mention remembering to manually change bands
in N1MM!!  (K1 doesn't CAT)

Came back for some time late Saturday evening and then again Sunday afternoon.
All got better towards the end.

SS tends to bring out lots of superb operators! Thanks for all the Qs and to
those who had the patience to pull my signal out of the noise.  Worked KL7RA
Saturday afternoon for my only AK.  Never heard PAC or most of the Canadian
sections; missed some other sections that I heard S&Ping like me.  Only
worked one other QRP station (cannot remember his call as I am away from the
shack; maybe K0AV??).

Besides Mr. Murphy's shenanigans making it a challenge, it was FUN as always!

TS-850S (for a short stint) and then Elecraft K1 @ 5 watts to attic antennas
with N1MM logger.

73, John