[3830] SS CW AE0EE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW AE0EE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 00:56:14 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  135
   40:  223
   20:  149
   15:   51
   10:    0
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W into dipoles up 15-20'.  All CW was keyed by hand on an iambic paddle or,
for QRS, a straight key.

I finished building the dipole for 80 m Friday evening at sunset after arriving
at the cabin I rented for the weekend, and was pleased that it worked okay that
night.  Having that was of great use during the contest.

Weather in SD was great (no driving snow, and particularly, no no-driving
snow), which made putting up and taking down the antennas a breeze.

Unlike the DX contests, I felt that I was actually able to break through some
pileups and could even think about running.  Propagation seemed poor, though,
as 15 m was reluctant to open and closed early, and 10 m was fairly useless for
me (was it just too long?).

Three sections missed: NT, PAC (surprising), and AB(very surprising).  Heard
PAC once, weakly, and couldn't break the pileup.  Never heard the others.

Another surprise was that the last mult in the log (2347z Sunday) was BC, and I
hadn't heard one before then.  I'm not sure what happened, but the northwest
just wasn't coming in well at all where I was.

Up compared to last year: op time, 20m QSOs, 80m QSOs, mults, states, score,
code proficiency.
Down compared to last year: 10m QSOs, 15m QSOs, overall QSOs.