[3830] SS SSB K1DG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dougk1dg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1DG Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 03:12:51 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K1DG
Operator(s): K1DG
Station: K1DG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 4.75

------------
  160:
   80:  15
   40:  25
   20:  11
   15:  26
   10:   6
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I had limited time available and had to be in NH Saturday night and Sunday. The
80 and 10M antennas here are broken, as well as the rotator on the 40 and 20M
beams.

I decided to practice some S&P and try for the 83-in-83 trick. The last
time I tried this was about 20 years ago on CW, when I spent the final 4 hours
of the contest trying unsuccessfully to lure a NE station who was also
S&Ping across three bands to call me. I heard him off and on for all of
that time. For all I know, he was also doing the 83-in-83 and ignored me
because he already had NH.

This time I pulled it off. Last section was ONE. 82nd: QC. 81st: WNY. 80th:
Maine(where I was Saturday!)

Another mug for the shelf. Back to Maine Friday for the WW CW. Everything there
seems to be working.

73,

Doug K1DG