[3830] SS SSB K8CC Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K8CC Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 05:05:29 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC KE8OC WD8S
Station: K8CC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  417
   40:  519
   20:   91
   15:  101
   10:  168
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

SE Michigan got hit with the first winter snow the day of the contest.  When we
turned on the radios to start the contest, we were greeted with S9+++ snow
static on every band 80M-10M, which lasted thru the daylight hours on Saturday.
 So we had a terrible start, losing the first 18 minutes with no QSOs before we
figured out that the wide noise blanker in our FT-1000Ds would cut the noise
enough that we could at least work the loud stations.

10M was productive both days, 20M and 15M less so.  40M went very long with
poor signals after dark, leaving 75M as our only productive band at night.

Worked a lot of difficult sections early.  Finished our sweep early Sunday AM
when I correctly surmised that a 20M spot for KO2XX was actually KP2XX and so I
QSY'd there and worked him easily for our last section.

So while we were disappointed in our QSO total, the operators had a good time.

73, Dave/K8CC