[3830] SS SSB NN4RB SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NN4RB SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 15:26:52 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16:02

------------
  160:
   80:  120
   40:   69
   20:   52
   15:   39
   10:   31
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Put over 16 hours in the chair, however my butt was not sore.  I got a new chair
last week.  My score was lower this year than last, but hopefully the sweep will
come back confirmed.  I thought I had it last year, but one was thrown out.
This brings up a discovery on my part.   One of the setup and use items of N1MM
software for this contest was overlooked by me.  I had the problem last year and
again this year where the number and check was swapping positions in the log.
With fields being prefilled, I would still have the problem and was about to
make a comment to the group.  However, I found where the entry field was
explained.  Yes I had read it before, however it did not register.  Once I
realized to not use a space between the number and precedence and not use a
space between the check and section, the software did not get confused and swap
positions.  This should be stressed to newcomers to N1MM and probably other
software. I have never liked to call CQ, but I must get past that if I expect
to get more points.
In this contest, I found that the OCF and vertical work as good or better than
the beam, and thank goodness for a beverage.  A low wire antenna is great for
receive on 80 and 40.

Rick
NN4RB
ICOM IC-756PRO III
(20, 15 and 10) Mosely TA-33jr, Ham IV @ about 40'
80/10 OCF dipole at about 44'
35' vertical on top of metal storage shed - Remote tuned TMC_ATS-2_Antenna
Tuner at antenna
450' Beverage