[3830] CQWW CW K7ULS SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7ULS SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 23:02:38 +0000

Club:

Comments:

Powder Mountain 9000'
Antron 99, Shunt fed 40' tower

Ft-987d (100w)

New DXCC

Mozambique C92ZO

Friday

The contest got off to a good start on 15 with JA's some Hawaii,

China, Guam, Asiatic Russia, Malaysia. The band closed about 0100 UTC.

Then it was off to 40 meters with the coax hooked to one of the legs of the
55g

that is pretty flat swr wise but I have the LDG tuner just in case.

It seems to work well with just a 100 watts I'm able to get as far as the

Azores, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Canary Islands and Hawaii with this

configuration but being at 9000' doesn't hurt either. Hit the sack at 0600.

Saturday

Got to the contest site about 1630 UTC and logged OK2D from the

Czech Republic on 15 with other EU stations working Zone 40 with

TF2CW which is probably the only station I'm going to hear from there.

HB9CA from Switzerland and then 3V8SS from Tunisia.

EU was short lived then it was off to the Carribian then at 1800 UTC

I switched to 10 meters and caught a new DXCC from Mozambique C92ZO.

ZD8W from Acension Isl. had a huge pileup going but I managed to get through

without too much effort. Back and forth from 10 to 15 all day then some weird

propagation around 2130  on 21 mhz getting a gaggle of Finland stations and

SM2M from Sweden then JA's appearing around 2200 closing out the day with

V6A from Micronesia, WL7F from Zone 1 and YE1K over in Indonesia.

Sunday

I wasn't planning on starting until daylight but my anxiety got the best of me

so I went back up to the contest site to try out that 40' tower again on 40

and from 0900 to 1300 I worked some XE, JA, and some Carribian stations

then at first light I was off to 15 meters for the EU pileups until 1800 then
they

fizzled out so over to 10 running up and down trying to find someone I hadn't

worked before. My best score for CW this year was a lot of fun.

de K7ULS