[3830] CQWW CW K8BKM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8BKM SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 02:05:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    2     1        1
   80:   20     8       12
   40:   77    10       43
   20:   98    27       49
   15:  287    27       81
   10:   45    10       22
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Part-time operation on a holiday weekend. I'm a little burned out on contesting
after running ARRL SS CW, ARRL SS Phone, and CQWW CW. Need to take a break - at
least until the ARRL 160M contest ;)

In the past, I've only worked DX contests for new DXCC countries and band fill.
This time I not only searched for multipliers, but also worked on building Q's.
I just couldn't go wrong on 15M. The band was in great shape and I could work
pretty much anything I could hear. 20M was nice at the end of the contest too,
with signals from all over the world. I kept spinning the antenna around the
compass. I was disappointed in my Q's on 40 and especially 80, but I didn't do
a lot of nighttime operating. I put up a new beverage receive antenna prior to
the start of the contest - 500+ feet EW, but it didn't help me hear much on
160. I worked a few VE3's.

I operated this time around unassisted. I like the serendipity of tuning the
band and coming across a new multiplier before everyone else knows they're
there - before a pileup starts - or perhaps I was late to the game?

73, Tom
K8BKM