[3830] CQWW CW K0ZR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kzerozr@gnail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0ZR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 02:36:08 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0ZR
Operator(s): K0ZR
Station: K0ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   17     7        9
   80:  257    20       72
   40:  623    29       98
   20:  917    34      108
   15:  634    26       94
   10:  145    19       51
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Going into this contest I knew I was not going to enjoy almost 800 QSOs on 10 m
as in 2014.  A different strategy was in order. My intention was to be vigilant
from the beginning regarding multipliers.  In retrospect I probably took this
too much to heart from the beginning rather than employ other known strategies
that had given me good results before.  I was successful, however, in that
while having 35 fewer multipliers on 10m this year, I bettered last year's
overall country count by almost 10.

My receive four square worked impeccably.  It is a delight to work 80m at night
with this capability.  It makes the band almost as quiet as 20m to 10m and, of
course, the SNR is vastly improved in almost all DX cases. Disappointing as in
2014 were my results on 160m.  Each time I checked the band there was virtually
no propagation even though spots of various DX stations were sometimes
throughout the band.  Guess I'll have to just move the QTH.

>From my perspective it seemed as though there were fewer participants this year
than in 2014.  I found multiple frequencies throughout 15 m allowing one to
"run" while last year I felt luck to find just one frequency when the
band was really hot.

Given that I am flying to California Monday, I elected to not be spent by
putting in 43-45 hours on the contest, electing instead to just do 40.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  Lord willing I will do this again.