[3830] CQWW CW VU3KPL SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VU3KPL SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 02:36:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VU3KPL
Operator(s): VU3KPL
Station: VU3KPL

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  233    20       56
   20:  373    20       68
   15:  428    16       58
   10:  200    14       43
------------------------------

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

Wow!- What an amazing contest this time. Since 20 years of my licensing and last
few years into contesting- this is dream come true. Entered 1000K+ QSO and
claiming 1Mn score is great feeling for less than 50W station(half of LP
category is it? :)). Last month's SSB Contest was not that fun for me here. So
expected that i could make only 40 or 20mts bands. First day, starting 00UTC
here found that no much stations on 20 and turned to 40 to see if there is any
luck. To my surprise my OCF dipole and less than 50W( yes it is really) was
reaching Caribbean all at one or two calls. Morning session ended with around
60 Qs on 40 and 20 combined. Indicating that i can aim higher in coming hours.
Had to close for few hours for family outing and returning at local 3PM (9:30
UTC), found that 15 is buzzing. With some quick SnP  thought of making a run(
yeah i am crazy with so little power isnt;d). But it worked like some contest
gods are watching me to get there hi hi!. Earlier preparation using morserunner
contest simulation exercises helped me to crank speed upto 35WPM and achieve a
max rate of around 130-150/hour. to my surprise this helped in getting the Qs
quickly upto 400 in matter of couple of hours. Did some checks on 20m till
around 14:30Z and turned to 40 mtr to have a blast there making around 180 Qso
to close the day at 19:30Z for around 660 QSOs. Now it was an exciting
indication of closing scores i should have...
Next day morning hours were bit slow again other than few mults on 20m. Again
started on 15m at 5UTC and started shuttling between 15 and 10mtr. Few
afternoon mults from SA helped to gain some more scores. by 12:30UTC passed 1K
QSO point. A milestone i was not expecting much but only aspirational. Then
continued for another 4 hours and completed few more QSOs to bring the score
little above 1Mn. Called the end when another 6 hours to finish line.

I know few Qs might be not in log due to deep fading observed at times. Thanks
all for making my contest a memorable one. This might be my last contest
signing with VU3KPL as i may get full privilege license soon with my upgrade.

Till next time...
VU3KPL