[3830] CQWW CW K7RL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7RL SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 02:48:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:   14     8        6
   80:  177    21       38
   40:  625    33       90
   20:  767    34      100
   15:  437    30       76
   10:  171    22       39
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

First ever LP effort in this contest. I knew it would be a challenge, especially
on the low bands, but fortunately, conditions were good and there was always
action to keep things interesting. As an added bonus, I probably saved a
buck-fifty on my electric bill.

Besides lower run rates, busting pile-ups was a challenge. Any pile-up. If low
power represents standing in line, then I was getting perpetually cut by just
about everyone. Had to get relentless and crafty to survive the chaos.

The other part of LP is getting comfortable sending your call again, and again,
and again, and again, and again, while in S&P mode. No, the last sentence is
not a typo. I now understand why some stations send their call many multiple
times in a row when it's copied perfectly the first time by the receiving
station. It comes with the territory.

Bottom line: low power is not for sissies. For those operating QRP you have my
total respect and sympathy. Hopefully that type of operating comes with a solid
therapy plan. Many thanks to all for your patience pulling me through the
noise.

Thanks to all for the Q's and another fun CQ WW.

73, Mitch, K7RL