[3830] CQWW CW K2PO SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K2PO SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 04:58:17 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Radios: SO2R

  160:   24    10        9
   80:   69    20       33
   40:  480    35      105
   20:  480    37      127
   15:  436    34      101
   10:  207    30       62
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was my first serious effort operating assisted.  There's more to it than I
thought.

I succumbed to the novice's temptation to play the contest like a video game -
clicking spots furiously when the band was wide open.  But that was
short-sighted.  It dried-up the well of top tier stations who are nearly always
workable.  Those few hours when the bands were at their best were the few hours
when I could have had a decent rate CQing with low power - logging the second
and third tier stations who never CQ and who never appear in the cluster feeds.
 Not many of those stations appear in my log.  'Live and learn...

Thanks to all,

/Bill, K2PO
Portland, Oregon