[3830] CQWW CW G2F M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G2F M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 08:53:32 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G2F
Operator(s): G4MKP M0CKE M0VKY EI5IX
Station: G2F

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Wisbech
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  190    18       66
   80: 1125    28      107
   40: 1296    40      138
   20: 1646    39      131
   15: 1049    38      141
   10:  113    28       89
------------------------------

Club: Wisbech Amateur Radio & Electronics Club

Comments:

After Storm Barney caused considerable damage to 1 tower and the LF verticals
only 12 days before the contests we wasn't sure if we would be able to recover,
but we did, although one towers were not fully raised due to the forecast high
winds for the weekend we managed to get on the air for CW.

10m never opened for us with the QSO's mainly being on Saturday, positives from
the weekend are the new 40m and 80m antennas performed as well as to be expected
from our 70m x 70m plot which has all our antennas crammed in, we still have
some issues to resolve which we know will improve our score and more
improvements on LF RX antennas are required but in all we had a good time.

We were short on operators this year due to not really being able to commit to
having a station ready in time, also one op couldn't make it until Sunday so
the first 32 hours were run by 3 operators.

Im pleased to report no more storm damage over the weekend even though we had
some really strong winds and gusts during Sunday between 2pm and 8pm.

Nice to see the usual UK activity and thanks to everyone for the QSO's

See you all in 2016