[3830] CQWW CW OZ8AE SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jorgen.c@live.dk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OZ8AE SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:21:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OZ8AE
Operator(s): OZ8AE
Station: OZ8AE

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Vaeggerloese
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  517    32      109
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

After moving to the Island of Falster I am just starting up in my new QTH. Have
my old trusty Carolina Windom 80 antenna over a 12 meter flagpole. Made a loop
for 15 meter in a diamond configuration in a 10 meter pole. It worked very
fine. Got a 10 meter tower up and mounted my old TH3MK4 on top of it, however
did not have a rotator ready so it was turned the DX-pedition way - with two
ropes.
Condx here in northern Europe not so favorable so the first signal on 15 meter
was about 0600 UTC. The band started about 0630 UTC. Witn my beam toward Japan
it was not possible to work the JAs.
The Carolina Windom with each end bend 5 meter vertical did the trick. I could
work far east in about two hours before my beam started working as good as the
carolina windom or the 15 meter loop. The 15 meter loop surprised me very much.
I did many QSO-s first call with that antenna. - The 15 meter band closed down
at 1700 UTC here. - The rig was a K3 with 90 watts. I am still not impressed
with it. - There was a few stations with hard keying this Year.
I did never hear zones 1 6 10 19 29 31 32 34. The whole contest most in s/p
mode scanning from 21150 - 21000 KHz over an over again. Did a few CQs between
21100-21150 hoped for a small pile up. However it did not happen.