[3830] CQWW CW ZW5B(W1UE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, EGAN.DENNIS88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZW5B(W1UE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:36:12 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZW5B
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: ZW5B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BRAZIL
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:    4     2        3
   80:   77    16       23
   40:  625    23       61
   20:  837    33       82
   15: 1751    35      109
   10:  814    27       79
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First, let me thanks Oms PY5EG/ZW5B, for his hospitality and the use of his
great station.  Regardless of score, I had an absolute blast!

Last year I operated from here as SOABHPA, concentrated on working mults and
running in my spare time.  This year, I chose SOABHP, and spent about 90% of my
time running.

160m is a non-starter from here.  High noise level (remember its summer here),
and BCB interference keeps one from hearing anything but S9+ signals.  80M has
the same problem, but I was able to improve the reception by 2-3 s-units here
by BCB filters, AC line chokes, and ferrite on the coax into the radio.  10m
opened to some parts of the world, but not really well to Europe.  Even US
stations were relatively weak here (as compared to last year).

Still, great fun!  See you from CX in the ARRL 160m contest next weekend.

Dennis W1UE