[3830] CQWW CW W8AV SOSB(A)/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8AV SOSB(A)/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:23:49 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 23:54

  160:
   80:
   40: 1009    39      123
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1009    39      123  Total Score = 455,058

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

We were not able to do our normal multi-op from W8AV this year due to having
family in town for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, celebrating birthdays of
two four year old grandkids, and attending the 50th wedding anniversary of my
brother-in-law and his wife the first night of the contest.  For these reasons,
I decided that a limited 40 meter single band effort was the best compromise
since I could operate at night when everyone was asleep.

Band conditions on 40 were pretty good the first night and noisy the second
night.  I set a goal of making 1000 QSO's, at least 100 countries. and working
all 40 zones on 40 meters.  I achieved the first two goals (1009 QSO's and 123
countries) but missed Zone 23 for a sweep. All in all it was fun and was the
first time I devoted an entire contest weekend to 40 meters as a single op.
The W8AV multi-op station will be back in full force for next year's event.