[3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:26:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:   20     8       10
   80:   86     9       38
   40:  173    15       63
   20:  231    24       83
   15:  253    22       83
   10:  111    19       54
------------------------------
Total:  874    97      331  Total Score = 1,037,044

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another great contest and a lot of fun.

A good score is possible with 100W and limited suburban property. My QTH lot
size is only 9,685 sq ft. You do not have to "run" in this contest.
Good ears and careful S&P will generate lots of QSO's.

Total score was down from last year with almost identical operating time. The
difference was 10M. I was down 251 Q's and 30 mult's. 10M never really opened
completely. I had strong evidence of "spotlight" propagation to very
limited locations both days. When it was open there was great DX especially
above 28.050. I think many people thought 10M was dead and gave up at the lower
end. My spectrum display showed the band flat BUT there were signals in the
noise.

What a blast beating the big guns! I got through almost every pileup on the
first or second call by calling "up" just slightly.  Works every
time!

Managed to get 10 countries on 160M. Probably could have done more but 40 and
80 had a lot more stations. 40M was 3 to 4 deep at times. Good filters helped!

Station : TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W, MFJ Diff T tuner, WinKeyer USB, Heil ProSet
Antennas: 4 element yagi @ 30ft, 40/80 dipoles @ 35ft, 160 Inverted L @ 60ft
Computer: PC running Win 7 and N1MM

Maybe next year I will find a way to stay awake longer.

Thanks for all the QSO's.

73  Rick  N1DC