[3830] CQWW CW AE0EE SOAB Rookie LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AE0EE SOAB Rookie LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 20:26:14 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: SOAB Rookie LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:   16     6        5
   80:   12     4        3
   40:   71    19       40
   20:   89    22       45
   15:  182    25       59
   10:   44    17       25
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, dipoles up 6-10 m, keyed by hand with an iambic paddle.

Propagation was not as good as last year, though I was pleased to see 10 m open
well.  I had some issues getting my 80 m antenna to tune, so I wasn't putting
out much signal on that band.  The 160 m antenna is up, but continues to not do
very well with DX; I can hear well thanks to a quiet rural location, but my
transmitted signals aren't being heard.

This weekend I worked a bunch of all-time new ones, and added a few bands to
some others.  By the end of the weekend, my CW proficiency had risen
noticeably, and is definitely ahead of last year.  I generally stuck to 29 wpm,
though felt I could have handled going a little bit faster.  I would have liked
to operate more, but various conflicts and issues arose.  At least none of them
were particularly serious.

Thanks for the QSOs, and see you in WPX CW if not before!

Comparison with last year:
Up: CW speed/proficiency, zones, 160 m antenna
Down: QSOs, countries, 10 m, score