[3830] CQWW CW YU1WC SOSB/40 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vljubojevic@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YU1WC SOSB/40 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 22:33:37 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YU1WC
Operator(s): YU1WC
Station: YU1WC

Class: SOSB/40 QRP
QTH: Belgrade
Operating Time (hrs): 28:25

  160:
   80:
   40:  520    21       83
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

After almost 2 years of inactivity (since strong winds destroyed my qarterwave
vertical), I was bitten again by contesting bug. In the days before the contest
I had to learn again how to configure and use my SDR software and N1MM logger.

I decided to run unassisted and try do break the current YU SOSB/40 QRP record.
However, it was soon clear that the old record will remain. It was so much more
difficult without the vertical - a paper list with multipliers called in vain
was growing. I had to repeat my call so many times, even with EU stations.
However, every time when I began doubting if my antenna is radiating at all, a
moment later some dx would pick up my signal with ease (special thanks to ZM1A
for picking my signal after the first call). Without pressure to break the
record, the last hours of the contest were very enjoyable, some previously
impossible or unheard multipliers were worked in the last hours, including
ZF2MJ 4 minutes before the end.

I am afraid that I will never again come close to my (assisted) multiplier
count from CQWW 2011 (34/113). My impression is there is much less activity
than before, there were many silent zones/dxcc.

As always, big thanks to all who slowed or stopped their runs trying to
decipher my qrp signal.

73 Fric YU1WC

rig: Genesis G40  (homemade SDR kit, 5 W)
antenna: 2 x 21m sloping doublet (ends @ 35 and 3 meters)
software: GSDR, N1MM