[3830] CQWW CW N4KG SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4KG SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 01:48:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  179    25       81
   40:  203    33      106
   20:  287    39      126
   15:  265    34      127
   10:  115    23       64
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

As usual, I played this contest as a Multiplier Hunt with 97+% of QSOs coming
from the N1MM Available Multiplier and Band-Map sheets.

I was pleased with my final numbers, but with my remaining modest antennas, the
packet pileups were "challenging".  There were few missing bands for
most active countries discounting the lack of propagation to Northern Europe on
10M.

I added a wire parasitic reflector behind my 80M Elevated GP (aimed at 30
degrees due to support and fence-line limitations) and was very pleased with
the performance.  The Eastern Time Zone guys still beat me out but I was able
to work most of what I heard (and I was hearing very well) with the notable
exception of UP2L.  Even the Easterners weren't cracking the European callers.
Highlights on 80m included 7Z1SJ 9K2HN P3F P33W TC0A.

On 40M, my ladder-line-fed 80M Sloping Dipole from 120 ft worked most stations
AFTER the guys with beams got out of the way.  There was a lot of Head-Banging
on this band but conditions were good.

20M was a real slug-fest with my TH7 at 40 ft., especially Friday night.  I
went to 40M after 30 minutes to work the easy Europeans at a better rate.
Sunday was good except for missing only Zone 34.  SU90IARU CQ-d in my face even
when there appeared to be no other callers :-(  LOTS of Asian activity from 19
mults.

15M was the Daytime Band of choice.  LOTS of DX with good signals.

10M opened to Southern and Western Europe by mid-morning both days with spotty
propagation that reached into DL LY OK SP and TF (couldn't break that pile).

I made ZERO contacts on 160M since my 160M amp was disabled.  An old reliable
SB-220 served me well as did my old Icom 746 with cascaded 500 Hz filters used
on the high bands and a 250 Hz filter at 9 MHz switched in on 40 and 80
meters.

Tom N4KG in North Alabama