[3830] CQWW CW OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 09:03:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:  271     9       49
   80:  564    16       66
   40:  842    28       92
   20:  690    25       76
   15:  381    27       82
   10:   85    22       49
------------------------------

Club: OM0M Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

Last years CQ WW CW conditions was probably last gift of sun cycle 24. I
expected bad high bands conditions due to conditions few days before the
contest.
Quite nice pileups during the whole first night told me, that 40m is going to
be main band for me. It was true. 10m only for catching of multipliers, 15m and
20m was space of attempts to make some pileup. But it was only rarely, so main
activity was to S/P of multipliers and 3 points. Except of nice NA opening on
15m and 20m on Sunday afternoon.
I was surprised, compared to last year claimed score. Only 5% loss, and by best
total QSO number is success for me with respect to worse conditions.
Fortunately I fixed rotator problem and didn't make massive setup changes,
which are playgrounds for Mr. Murphy. Few stupid attempts to disable my
keyboard I killed by quick PC restart. PA problems I successfully ignored, so
he gave up and went to make bad to some other HAM, hi.
I use very simple 40m antenna - Inv Vee and it was my best band. So challenge
for next year: replace all antennas with Inv Vees, hi...
Thanks for every QSO, thanks to all participants, you are The Contest!
Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 WinTest
 UltraBeam UB ONE rotator
Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 40m:  InvVee @21m
 20, 15, 10m: Cushcraft A4S 3 el. tribander @31m
73!