[3830] CQWW CW FY/F5HRY(@FY5KE) SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f5hry@wanadoo.fr
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW FY/F5HRY(@FY5KE) SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 10:54:55 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: FY/F5HRY
Operator(s): F5HRY
Station: FY5KE

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: GJ35
Operating Time (hrs): 16h10
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1378    24       82
------------------------------
Total: 1378    24       82  Total Score = 430,996

Club:

Comments:

First remote experience at FY5KE ! I was just sitting 7500 km away from the
contest site, probably some kind of DX record remote operation ...

The job is a bit tricky, due to the +/- 300/400 ms delay for the information to
cross the Atlantic. Especially, the RIT lag is very hard to manage. Sometimes,
the audio was chopped by some erratic packets in the stream, making the CW hard
to copy. Sorry for all those who had to repeat more than in a reasonnable way
... I especially remember P33W, who found probably the QSO quite strange !

However, despite the fact that I missed something like 8h due to family
commitments, I am quite pleased with the result. This is a first and
interesting experience.

Rig was a TS590, 100W, 7el EU on ant1, 5el US on ant2. AHCP/ARCP-590 to control
the transceiver, WT remote for the RIT, Tight VNC to remote the local PC, RemAud
(tnx DF3CB), and of course Win-Test logger (what else ? ...).

More to come.

Vy 73
Herve F5HRY