[3830] TARA RTTY AI6DO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ai6do@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] TARA RTTY AI6DO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 00:15:04 +0000
                    TARA RTTY Melee

Call: AI6DO
Operator(s): AI6DO
Station: AI6DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   8
   20:  26
   15:  19
   10:   3
------------
Total:  56  State/Prov = 26  Countries = 2  Total Score = 1,568

Club:

Comments:

First time in a TARA contest. First time operating an RTTY contest with N1MM
Logger+ and Fldigi, which I recently started using for CW contests. In previous
contests, I've used the KX3 Companion app on an Android tablet for rig control,
messages, and logging. On N1MM, AFSK mode wasn't working right in pre-contest
testing, so I used CAT commands for messages. However, I found it takes 3-4
seconds to drop the carrier after the message text has been completely
sent--which feels like an eternity in contest time--so to avoid this I had to
manually terminate Tx by pressing the XMIT button on the KX3 after each
transmission. Have to try to fix that before the next big RTTY contest.

The morning opening to Europe and the afternoon run to Japan were both busts
for me. Other than one JA--my first QSO of the contest--I couldn't decode
anyone outside the US and Canada. The 10m opening and activity was a nice
surprise, since I usually find it dead whenever I check it during contests.

Thanks everyone for the QSOs. 73 de AI6DO