[3830] ARRL 160 KB0EO SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb0eo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KB0EO SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 15:43:10 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 480  Sections = 76  Countries = 8  Total Score = 83,166

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I put in slightly more effort this year - basically trying to get all 83
sections, any DX, and running. I missed sections PR, LAX, SB, SF, AK, NT, and
ONN. WL7E was on, but I think he typically runs low power in the contests -
just couldn't pull him out of the mud. I was surprised at the low showing for
California - the stations I worked were relatively loud - just not enough of
them to work their high population sections. All the DX was Carribean - I could
hear the EU stations in there, but always an S9+30 station on top of them -
never could pull them out.

There was a very good showing from MWA, as always - even the guys with very
modest setups were in there.

At some point, I hope the conditions start picking up on the low bands to be
able to actually work some real DX during this contest.

73 and good luck!

Dan - KB0EO
Northfield, MN