[3830] 10RTTY VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 10RTTY VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 00:27:44 +0000
                    Ten-Meter RTTY Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 6:39

Total:  QSOs = 105  State/Prov = 22  Countries = 26  Total Score = 5,040

Club:

Comments:

Was this the 6M-RTTY contest?

My apologies to Don, AA5AU....I was S&P-ing this morning waiting for the
band to open to EU (which it never really did) and had just begun

to start CQing when he came along.
Of course, dummy me, I had forgotten to change my CQ from CQ TARA to CQ
10-RTTY, so on my 3rd CQ or something Don comes back to

me and we complete and he did not mention the "bad cq" (hi ).....I
only just noticed my goof on the next QSO.  OOPSIE !

So the band never really opened to anywhere. The loudest station across the
Atlantic by far was TK5MH who was 5NN+10dB....
There were very few others that approached that but nobody that stands out in
my mind.

W1LQ was there nearly all contest from Maine.  Call not familiar, but FB cpi on
TRopo, so someone's rental stn maybe?
from across the Bay of Fundy?

By and large most QSO's were made at S1-2 and even way way down into the
noise.

This is probably the hardest I have ever worked for 100+ QSO's in any RTTY
contest, EVER. I'm not really a RTTY "guy". For some
reason, RTTY upsets me. I am impatient. In a CW contest, less than 1/2second
(sometimes sooner) when I let up on the key, there
is the station I am working sending me something.  In a RTTY contest, some many
seconds go by and nothing.  I think "did they hear

me?"...."did they understand"......"hav ethey fallen over
in their chair"..."what the bleep is going on". I will probably
never love the mode for

that one reason.  That and all the fluff a lot (not all) of the folks send.

I dare say next year (and for a few years afterwards) I will not reach the
minimum 100 QSO mark for a certificate up here.  Too far
from the hot spots like W4, Carib, EA8, YV etc.  I heard those guys giving out
some biggie #'s while I scraped and clawed for every single

QSO.  I even went assisted this year.  Made no real difference whatsoever. I
could only hear 10% of the stations running at times.

I fear the ARRL 10m contest will also be off the plate for a while.

No idea why but many RTTY ops are way to "wordy". I guess it's a new
thing (to me) but there were lots of strings of dots (what's THAT

about?) , dashes , slashes and sending of my callsign sometimes several times.
Like VE9AA VE9AA VE9AA de XX1XXX, you're 599 599 599
NUMBER 0$D 0e!
Yup.......better to send 599 044 044 044  . Straight and to the point.  I'd ask
for the number and get the whole load of horse pooey all over

again.  Nope, I'll never be a RTTY op......but I keep coming back for more.

73 de Mike VE9AA IC7410 & A3S