[3830] ARRL 10 K8MR SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8MR SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 23:30:08 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   CW:  199    69
  SSB:   68    43
-------------------
Total:  267   112  Total Score = 104,384

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Operated from the new condo QTH in Sarasota, using a dipole in the second floor
attic. It has the usual urban noise issues - S2-3 on the K3 (no preamps) that
kept me from hearing the weakest signals, but hopefully I was not an alligator.
But for the most part had reasonable success with those guys I heard hearing
me.

Not sure what to expect from FL, but the oddest thing was the difference
between the guys in AZ and those in CA. AZ was booming, CA (other than W6YI and
W6PH) was rather weak. Some Es to W9 on Friday night, but by the time I returned
from an early evening engagement on Saturday the band was totally closed.

Lots of QSB. It was very interesting to note RBN report from K2NNY - on
Saturday I went up about 25 db within 15 minutes. I think that was also the
time when I was working some VE3s in the Toronto/Ottawa area.

Most worked states: MN (22), FL (19), AZ and CO (17) and CA (12). Nothing else
in the double digits.

I hope this will not mark the end of 10 meters for the cycle, but I'm not
hopeful.

73 & HNY to all,

Jim  K8MR