[3830] ARRL 10 K8TE SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8te@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8TE SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 00:58:05 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8TE
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Rio Rancho NM
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   CW:  441    72
  SSB:  120    35
-------------------
Total:  561   107  Total Score = 214,428

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Comments:

What a struggle!  Old Sol did not cooperate fully.  I suppose it wasn't as bad
as it could have been.  I missed out on Saturday morning's primary operating
time due to other commitments.

After Noon, the little 3L beam was useless as the vertical out-performed it,
regardless of direction.  I encountered one station whose CW was uncopyable and
numerous stations whose audio was nearly un-intelligible.  I listened to one QSO
just ahead of the contest with one op telling the other how great his audio
sounded.  Really?

Thanks to all for your points!  As always, this was a fun contest.  Now I must
get a tower and beam in the aiir to make up for probably worse conditions in
2016.  73, Bill, K8TE, NM