[3830] ARRL 10 K0OU SO Mixed Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ou@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K0OU SO Mixed Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 01:58:43 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 9.3

   CW:  158    66
  SSB:   78    34
-------------------
Total:  236   100  Total Score = 78,800

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Absolutely the worst conditions ever heard here. Thought the radio died so I put
the backup radio in line, but it did not fix it. So then I changed out the
cabling and took the tuner out of line. Still could not hear much. What I could
hear sounded like they were whispering. After talking to a friend who was having
the same problems we decided it was the aurora falling south over the central
part of the U.S. plus crumby weather condx causing RF attenuation and
absorption. The QSB was so strong that an S( signal could fade out completely
before the short contest exchange could be completed. Ugh. Was watching spots
on telnet and there were non coming from the central U.S. just from the
carribean and the coastal states. OH well- will have to wait for another year
for good ten meter fun. Tnx to all who could pull me out of the noise, and we
will look for you in the next one. Happy Holidays to all. I am asking Santa for
some better RF conditions this coming year. 73 de K0OU