[3830] ARRL 10 8P2K(8P6SH) SO Mixed Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dmsthill@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 8P2K(8P6SH) SO Mixed Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 03:01:31 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: 8P
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   CW:  105    58
  SSB:  303    69
-------------------
Total:  408   127  Total Score = 130,302

Club:

Comments:

Thanks for the stations that worked me especially on SSB. WHile the propagation
appears to have been better in some areas - basically in South America, this
was one of the toughest set of conditions I've ever had to work with.

I felt like there was always a very narrow band of propagation that kept
shifting and I never had opening to JA, VK/ZL or Asia (HS, YC). Family issues
kept me away from the rig most of Saturday in my daylight hours but the 16
hours of operating on 10m should normally have had a lot more Q's. In addition
to the poor propagation there was always a high noise level mostly in the S9
region. Did I say each QSO was basically tough?

Then there were a couple special moments - running EU for a bit and a booming
K4 come through, followed by the longest run of FL's I've ever had in years of
contesting - about 20 FL's one after the other. Also long after sunset had a
nice run to PY, LU, CX when suddenly there is a booming D44BS - seriously -
first transatlantic in hours.

Thanks again for all the stations that displayed much patience in combatting
the QRN, QRM, fading and just low signals - just above the ESP level. Great
working good friends like KU9C in VP9 and Don - AA5AU and many more.

Merry Christmas and may Santa deliver great DX and many new toys.

73 - DEan - 8P6SH