[3830] ARRL 10 K0TT SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tt@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K0TT SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 04:16:24 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0TT
Operator(s): K0TT
Station: K0TT

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   CW:  404    82
  SSB:  587   100
-------------------
Total:  991   182  Total Score = 507,780

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

As solar flux wanes this becomes more of a backscatter mode contest for stations
here in MN and a test of patience. Compare this year's result with last year's
score of 1.5 million. As the first evening wound down, I was predicting a final
score of 500K. Surprised I came so close with all the variables in play.

With all the moisture in the air and warm temperatures, our rural power grid
was absolutely quiet for the entire weekend.

Missed DC, DE, AB, LB, NU, NWT, SK. Lots of activity from Mexico. Made contacts
with 24 XE states.

Highlights: Working TO90R (e.g. FR) early Sunday morning with S9 signal and two
QRP VK stations Sunday afternoon.

Rig: IC-765/TL-922A
Antennas: 5ele @ 110', vertical dipole @ 75'

Denny