[3830] ARRL 10 PJ4DX SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 PJ4DX SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 13:14:39 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:
  SSB: 2436   149
-------------------
Total: 2436   149  Total Score = 725,926

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Surprisingly good conditions on Saturday and I ended the day with over 1800
QSOs. But the band collapsed on the Sunday and my total was more than 1200 QSOs
fewer than in 2014, with a claimed score not much more than half of last year's
checked score.

It was particularly frustrating hearing S9+ PY and LU stations still running
USA on Sunday afternoon and early evening when NA was completely inaudible
here.

Nevertheless I worked all States except for Alaska: KL7RA and KL7Y are sorely
missed, RIP both. (I did work several other KL stations, but all in the
contiguous US States.) Only 1 station worked in South Dakota and in Montana.

Worked VEs 1 - 7 and VE9 and VO1, but no VE8, VO2, VY1, VY0 and surprisingly no
VY2 either.

Only 13 of the possible 32 Mexican mults worked, but only 14 XE stations worked
in total. I still wonder why the Mexican states are separate multipliers when
there is so little activity from Mexico.

In Europe propagation was such that although I worked a few SM and ES stations
I did not hear Finland at all.

A couple of comments: so many US stations gave me a serial number instead of,
or as well as, their State that I began to think the rules had changed and I
needed to log a serial number too! And there were way too many Dupes. How can
someone send "59013 Connecticut" and not realise it's a dupe, even if
they were logging on paper?

Hope there's still some decent propagation left next year.

73, Steve, PJ4DX