[3830] ARRL 10 W8AV SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W8AV SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 14:09:19 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 14:44

   CW:  680   134
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  680   134  Total Score = 364,480

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Planned to somewhat of a more serious effort than actually happened.  Took the
XYL to the movies and dinner Friday afternoon.  Got home about two hours into
the contest and of course the band was pretty much shot here except for some
domestic meteor scatter signals and weak Southern USA signals.

Hit the band early on Saturday morning hoping to work a lot of EU stations
since the flux was around 112, but the A was near 20 making signals from EU
weak.  The openings were short and all of the callers were from Western Europe.
 The opening peaked around 1500-1600 before they stopped calling.  Took a few
hours off and came back before sunset to grab some mults and a few USA West
Coast stations.

Sunday the flux was higher with a lower A number so there was hope for some
more EU runs which never really were any better.  Did manage to put a few UY
stations in the log and quite a few mults as well.  However, the openings from
Northern Ohio were never as good as hoped.  I could hear the USA East Coast
running stuff that I could not hear.

Openings to VK/ZL and Oceania were pretty good and quite a few stations from
that part of the world made it into the log.  V73NS was particularly strong
although he was not in the contest.

Had to knock off at 2030Z to attend the annual Christmas Party at the brewery
where I had worked parttime for 6 years so that ended my  ARRL Ten Meter
Contest Experience for 2015.  Thanks for all the Q's!

73.............de Goose, W8AV