[3830] ARRL 10 K5NA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richard.k5na@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K5NA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 00:05:38 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 25

   CW: 1204   117
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1204   119  Total Score = 574,056

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first serious effort as a single-op since my chemo in 2012. My
stamina has been slowly coming back but may never be what it was back in early
2011. The 10M Contest was a good choice to get my feet wet again since you
operate during the day-time (mostly) and you can usually get enough sleep at
night.

I think the conditions were pretty average. Certainly not great nor really
poor. But there were times when the band would just go away for a little while.
Saturday afternoon, the band completely died very early.

There were European openings on both mornings. There were a good number of
multipliers but the openings were brief without much QSO depth to them. But
better than no European opening.

I worked 49 states (Missed WY and DC) and 12 VE Provinces (Missing NU and NWT).
But only worked 3 XE stations. Sadly, we are not in the XE skip zone and
sometimes it is a struggle to work them.

I worked 55 DX countries, 25 EU, 12 SA, 7 NA, 5 AF, 4 OC, and 2 AS. Nice
surprises answering CQs were 4X, 5R, VP8, and FW.

Congratulations to KD4D and K1TO who turned in great scores.

73, Richard - K5NA