[3830] ARRL 10 OH2PM SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 OH2PM SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 10:24:29 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: OH2PM
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH2PM

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   CW:  101    50
  SSB:   38    25
-------------------
Total:  141    75  Total Score = 36,450

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Some times this contest can be a big thrill, this was not the year.
On Saturday I spent 5 hours between 07z and 13z mainly S/P both CW and SSB. I
also checked the band at typical NA opening times but nothing workable. Worked
several VKs and one ZL but he was audible only over the long path. Nothing was
heat from Japan. I am using 4el monoband yagi at 25 m and a 7el monoband yagi
in an other tower at 24 m.
 But how come,on Monday evening I called a few CQ calls and first W4IOP came
back using 80W and a dipole and a little later N8DE and VE3MM copied me. I am
telling this to prove that band conditions are sometimes unfair to contesters
at 60 deg North.

The good thing is that we god 1 cm snow cover on the ground, who knows we may
get white Christmas.
All the best and see you in the next contests.

Pertti, OH2PM