[3830] OK RTTY W4PK SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] OK RTTY W4PK SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 20:54:50 +0000
                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

   80:
   40:  244  1068      44        1
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------------------------
Total:  244  1068      44        1  Total Score = 48,060

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Limited time available so decided to try single band 40M. It was a leisurely
pace so when I was running I took advantage of the Telnet spots and managed to
work a few multipliers by clicking on the spot, working the station, and then
returning to my run frequency.

I started the contest Friday night but the going was pretty rough so I called
it a night at 10PM local time.  The band was noisy making copy difficult.

I got up at 6AM and managed to work a few Asians, mostly JAs.  Again, the band
was noisy.  I quit at 7AM and took care of several commitments during the day.

I got back home at 5PM and operated for the remaining two hours.  Conditions
were better and I put into the log about half of the contacts I made for this
contest.

Propagation was long, I did manage to work some of the PVRC members I heard but
others were either too garbled to print or if I did manage to print them and
then called they just kept on CQing.  Copy was better further away but most
US/VE signals on the east coast were still pretty weak.  However, there were
some exceptions with some stations from the Midwest running 40 over 9!

73, Sam W4PK