[3830] TBDC K7FA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7fa.tom@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7FA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 18:08:12 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K7FA
Operator(s): K7FA
Station: K7FA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 112  Total Score = 475

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Began operation at Grayline with appearance of strong domestic signals, (East
Coast) and locals (West Coast) alike. Contact made with two non-domestic
stations, NP2X and XE2S reaffirmed my outlook. My initial optimistic assessment
of propagation conditions would change (but not immediately).
Due to an abrupt commercial AC power sag (voltage = 62 vac) experienced by our
entire community, it would be sometime before AC power was restored. Later
(upon return to the air), I realized only the strongest stations had previously
been worked. Signals from an entire layer of stations were covered by QRN, and
static crashes (likely generated by severe Wx in the SE). Over time, conditions
worsened.
Thanks for your patience. CU next year! 73 - K7FA