[3830] TBDC W5MX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W5MX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 02:58:06 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ky
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 488  Total Score = 1,212

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Got up at 7am local time (12:00z) the day of the contest to do things around the
house and then some antenna work for the contest. Had to finish NW and SW
beverages. Unfortunately, the way my property is laid out, the beverages had to
go over the side of a hill and through brush and briars (briars are nasty
sticker bushes for those that don't know). Still have scratches on my arms and
neck hihi. Started early to get done and grab a few hours sleep before the
test, That didn't happen. Went into the test a bit tired.
The storms in the central US were only a couple hundred miles away and the qrn
and static crashes were incredible. Big apologies to all that dealt with my
"dit dit dah dah dit dit"s multiple times. As others have pointed
out, some impatient folks who left after 1 or 2 calls while I was trying
different rx antennas to get them or missing characters due to static crashes.
I normally heart pretty well with the existing beverage antennas I had and
should be even better with the new ones, but no overcoming nature.
 On top of all that, the propagation seemed lousy to boot. with only 2 EU in
the log(G4AMT and DK2SWW. Several callers at EU sunrise but could not pull them
out of the static crashes. Very relatively few out of the west as others have
pointed out but did work several kh6 stations.
I finally bagged it at 4:00 am local time when rates were in the tank. Must
have been tired as I didn't wake up until 9:00 am and never mad another q.
Again, apologies to all for the repeats and missed q's, it was brutal as I am
still hearing static crashes in my head hihi.
Thanks to all for the Q's!
W5MX