[3830] RTTY Roundup W4AAW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4aaw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W4AAW M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 00:52:41 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4AAW
Operator(s): NE3H W3UL W4AAW W4TMO
Station: W4AAW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5
Remote Operation

------------
   80:   70
   40:  401
   20:  397
   15:  243
   10:   14
------------
Total: 1125  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 62  Total Score = 132,750

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

All but a few QSOs were made by remote operators.
These included: W3UL - Annapolis, MD, W4TMO - Raleigh, NC and NE3H - Camp Hill,
PA

The huge solar flare just after 00Z on Saturday had lasting effects throughout
the contest.  Although we did work EU, AF, SA, VK-ZL and JA, there were never
large numbers of those usually-present stations to be heard.

The aurora effects/multi-path distortion was so bad after 2000Z on 40M we
thought something had gone wrong with our Digital Interface.

Thanks for all the Qs and Mults.

If this presages things to come for the rest of this year's contest season ---
then, great patience and perseverance will be required.

Team W4AAW    To learn more, visit http:\remotecontesting.com