[3830] RTTY Roundup N3QE SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N3QE SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 01:34:16 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
   80:  288
   40:  437
   20:  360
   15:  258
   10:   17
------------
Total: 1360  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 65  Total Score = 167,280

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Very happy my score is up 20% from last year!

Even though high bands down from last year, improved skimmer spots and some
more evolved technique to interleave S&P with running on one radio, is what
helped me pull ahead relative to last year.

If I tuned away from the RTTY chaos, 80M was eerily free of any kind of
thunderstorm noise. Freaky clean. I'm not sure I've ever heard 80M that clean.
Of course in the RTTY section I get keying clicks from many of the big-gun FSK
guys - more important than being 500Hz from the next guy, was being at least
1kHz from the clicky guys.

Paid close attention to DX multipliers. Last US State was Nebraska which called
me Saturday night. DC mult readily available to me (and I hope everyone) - in
fact my very first QSO was DC, and I would get 6 more in the rest of the
contest! Came up short on provinces compared to last year. I don't have a lot
of patience for pileups and most I was able to find again later with less wait.
VO2 was one I let slip away - he was loud with a huge pileup on 20M, and then he
was super weak.

40M and 80M were superb domestically the first night but very meh to EU much of
the night (was getting better at EU sunrise). 40M felt like it was shaping up to
be pretty decent to EU the second night but then the contest ends!

Ten-Tec Eagle + AL-1500 + link coupled tuners + 130 foot doublet. See
http://www.trailing-edge.com/tuners.html for pics of tuners and switching.