[3830] RTTY Roundup GU0SUP SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pcooper@guernsey.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup GU0SUP SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 17:40:01 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9

------------
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:  176
   15:   48
   10:    6
------------
Total:  230  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 41  Total Score = 17,940

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

Heavy rain and strong winds made starting on the low bands impossible, so I got
up early on Sunday morning, and it was still raining and blowing, plus there
were strong static crashes, so the low bands were out for me.
We have had over a week of gales and torrential rain, and it's not over yet!

I started on 20m, and found propagation rather odd. Some stations were S9+ when
I called them, and they came back barely readable. At around 1200UTC, things
started to pick up with W/VE starting to come in. 10m was very patchy, and as
mults only count once, there was little incentive to stay and try calling CQ.

15m was OK, but for me, 20m was the money band, where I picked up many States
and Provinces. Surprised to work ON/PA and G on 20m too.

All in all, good fun, but the weather made it harder than it needed to be, but
a pleasant way to end 10 days off work!

Thanks to all for the points, and the mults!

73 de Phil GU0SUP