[3830] RTTY Roundup KL2R(N1TX) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KL2R(N1TX) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 19:05:44 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KL2R
Operator(s): N1TX
Station: KL2R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KL
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
   80:    8
   40:   21
   20:  163
   15:  355
   10:   14
------------
Total:  561  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 31  Total Score = 45,441

Club:

Comments:

We Alaskans appear to whine about extremely fickle propagation in virtually
every contest.  "I had no idea" is the usual response when a guest op
from mid-latitudes completes a hour or a weekend at the operating console under
the aurora.  They almost invariably come up here thinking they can teach us
"bush people" rubes a thing or two about contesting.  The visitors go
back home shaking their heads.  Ham radio is hard in the Far North.

This year's RU played out with some decent results, all things considered.
With radio blackouts, geomagnetic storms, and green lights overhead, this game
proved to be more tactical than anything else.  That is, if a band or operating
technique started to gain traction, Mother Nature soon concocted another
obstacle to force a change.  Just to survive the weekend in the chair of
frustration was a major accomplishment.  That said, there were a handful of
good (and sometimes strange), brief openings across HF.  At least I didn't get
skunked on any band.