[3830] RTTY Roundup W7VO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W7VO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 20:26:46 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W7VO
Operator(s): W7VO
Station: W7VO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:   54
   40:   46
   20:  210
   15:  240
   10:   95
------------
Total:  645  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 23  Total Score = 49,665

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The RTTY tests are quickly becoming my favorites. Sit, tune, point and click.
Doesn't get much easier than that, and it's pretty easy to eat meals while
operating!

I had a pretty good RTTY test, (despite the conditions), until the tower
mounted RCS-4 switch that I use to select which of the 3 slopers used for 40M
decided to go belly up in the very cold temperatures (17 degrees) on Saturday
night. Suddenly my SWR went high, the signals went way down, then the fuse in
the indoor controller opened. Not good. Something apparently fried up on the
tower. I guess it couldn't take combination of 1 kW of RTTY power, and the
extreme cold and ice.....

So, my 40M QSO numbers were down from where they should have been as I had to
switch too early to 80M, and lost the ability to work 40M JAs early on Sunday
AM.

I managed a total of about 18 hours in the saddle during the test, but lost
several key hours to attend a friend's housewarming party early Saturday
evening. Because of that I only worked something like 11 QSOs on 20M on
Saturday! By the time I got back home again the band had already folded for the
night.

73;

Mike, W7VO