[3830] RTTY Roundup DH8BQA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup DH8BQA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 23:56:20 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: DH8BQA
Operator(s): DH8BQA
Station: DH8BQA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: JO73ce
Operating Time (hrs): 4,5
Remote Operation

------------
   80:   15
   40:   52
   20:    0
   15:   13
   10:   55
------------
Total:  135  State/Prov = 24  Countries = 38  Total Score = 8,370

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3, KPA500 + 6 ele OWAs (15/10) and dipoles (80/40).

Our station was reserved for DL3BQA to operate in the ARRL-RU. While he enjoyed
some great runs on 15 m Sunday afternoon I had some fun on 6 m as there was a
winter E-skip opening into EI. It then suddenly dawned on me that there must be
ES on 10 m, too, and that the ES might link into F2 which was slightly open from
Western EU to the U.S. judging from cluster spots. Quickly checking 10 m I just
copied PZ5RA and nobody else. Nevertheless gave it a try CQing myself and et
voila, worked some 55 stations in 1,5 hours on 10 m. :-) 17 states and 2
provinces  were the net results, furthest west were 1 x XE and 1 x AR and a
handful of LA, MS & TX guys. All the rest being East Coast up and down ...

After Uwe had closed down I spent a bit extra time on the other bands just
handing out a few more points here and there ...

73, Olli - DH8BQA