[3830] RTTY Roundup WQ6X(@NX6T) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WQ6X(@NX6T) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 08:23:10 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

------------
   80:   46
   40:  109
   20:   38
   15:   80
   10:    0
------------
Total:  273  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 5  Total Score = 14,469

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I operated NX6T's Station #1 in Fallbrook remotely from W7AYT's QTH in Concord
Ca.  Because NX6T's internet access is shared with other residents in
Fallbrook, internet latency for this contest was at times horrible.
Additionally, clicking on stations in the bandmap found most of them to be
improperly tuned in.  Because it is not easy to manually tune the K3 remotely I
chose to spend most of my operating time running frequencies and letting
stations come to me instead.
Equipment: Elecraft K3 running into a KPA-500 amplifer dialed back to 145 watts
into a C-31 Yagi, 2-el 40 meter yagi and 80 meter inverted vee.

While I didn't win any awards this year (last year was a 1st place from EB
section and 2014 was 1st place world as WP2/WQ6X), running RTTY remote was a
fascinating experience.